View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #79
SCOTI

Re: 1965 Stepside, The LST Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Finally!

Last nights shop time was productive, but not 100% a success. I was still having issues with getting 2 of the injectors to free up and cycle. So, I started searching thru Korbin's old parts stash from when he turbo'd his truck and switched to Deka 80's. I got lucky, found his old set of truck injectors. I was going to just use 2 of them, but noticed that the PN on them was different than the ones I was cleaning. Instead of mixing in a different PN, I tested each of his, they all cycled. I did a quick cleaning and installed them in my engine. Got it all buttoned up, put the battery back in and tried to start up this pig. It did not like it a first, but did get it to start and run for a second or two a few times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaCvt_ZXa8g

Anyway, I need to figure out why it won't stay running, but at least I know it does now. I need to work on a few small issues and address the truck's wiring problems but it is progress in the right direction!
Big or small, progress is progress.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote