View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 02:47 PM   #10
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: Single stage vs. Base Clear for Medium Blue

I am still a single stage urethane guy. Been spraying since the late 80's but I have never been into the high end jobs that required cut & buffing. Mainly DD, work vehicles, equipment etc. I am sure there have been major advances in paints since that time but the way it was explained to me back then was the reason for most peeling of the clear coats were that the paint is soft and way more flexible than the clear which was rock hard and way less flexible, so in the climates that rock both ends of the hot cold scales the clear would basically rip free of the paint due to the differences in the expansion and contraction rates. I have several work truck here I have sprayed with Nason urethane single stage that are hitting on 15 plus years old that have not been maintained as well as they should, but I could break the buffer out and have them shiny new again. I think it leads more to personal preference and location.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote