Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 02:03 AM   #365
fredscarryall

Re: S10 Swap how to

I got these from amazon for $96 trans dapt 9906. The thing I ran into when using these were easier then fabbing bracket front scratch. If you running a smallblock chevy you really need to have a short water pump, so you have enough room for a fan. You may have a problem with the fuel pump bump sticking out of the block interfering with the bracket. So you will have to put the bracket on the frame and the motor mounts on the block. The problem is that the factory motor mounts on the frame have a nut on the other side that you cant get with a wrench unless you cut a access Hole in the frame like I did on both sides. Nice part is it's not a structure bracket. Just be careful not to cut off to much or drop the nuts in the frame. Then on the drivers side mount. Two hole will have to be ovaled out on the frame to be able to fit the bolts through the bracket. Then you will only be able to go so far back because the passanger head on small block Chevys are offset and will touch the firewall and the driver side headwill be about an inch away. So you may need to do a small notch in the firewall to fit. Un fortuntally dropping a v8 into an S10 with conversion bracket gives enough clearance for everything. But dropping a V8 onto an S10 frame in a advanced design truck requires some work. And isn't just a bolt in. But you may have a few differences because the frames can very a small amount from year to year.
Attached Images

Last edited by fredscarryall; 11-18-2015 at 02:10 AM.
fredscarryall is offline   Reply With Quote