View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 11:00 PM   #207
clinebarger

Re: 700R4 build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodiagnostik View Post
Also, I looked at my valves again, my 3-4 line up doesn't look like other pictures of an early 3-4 line up, my 3-4 throttle valve has smaller circumference lands, if that makes any sense.
1987 700R4's are this way, All the GearTrain Updates, Auxiliary Valve Body, But have a Type I Valve Body. Comparing Type I & Type II Valve Bodies is Futile! They are of a different "Porting" design.

However there are several hundred different Calibrations for both Type Valve Bodies that can vary year to year, model to model, engine to engine. If you like the shift timing you had....Leave it be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamyers View Post
OK, any idea where I can find online Transgo instructions for their kits? Their website isn't exactly detailed in its descriptions, grr...

I've got an '84 version, and looking here and at Transgo's website I'm gathering that the following are the parts I can plan on collecting - the goal being a durable/reliable trans with a hydraulically-controlled TCC.

------------------------------------

Transgo 700-P separator plate
Transgo shift kit SK-700 (???)
Transgo 700-LU kit (???)

Dual pole brake switch
AC Delco 24241501 Teflon Tailshaft bushing
Th350 governor

Sonnax TV plunger valve kit #77966-94K (assuming wear on the existing parts)
Sonnax 77998-03K painless accumulator piston (do away with the pin / piston)
Sonnax 74926 accumulator spring

-------------------------------------

I'm thinking that the Transgo shift kit SK-700 is the way for me to go, as it
* Includes Transgo tv correction kit + good red line bias spring)
* Says "83-87 Valve body, Kit lets you make Torque Converter lockup-no wires or electrical needed" Can anybody confirm that I won't need the 700-LU kit separately?

Or would the Transgo 2-3 reprogramming kit have everything I need and more?

Also, Opinions on the need for the Sonnax parts? Haven't torn into the VB yet, but I'd rather have parts on hand than wait a week to get them.

Anything else I can do to the VB while I'm in there?
Probably wont find full SK-700 instructions online, Though I can post them if need be.

The SK-700 comes with a Line Bias Booster spring, not the Red spring that comes with the SK-700JR, You are correct, The SK-700 is a nice kit for '82-'87 units.

The SK-700 allows use of the factory TCC valves in the Valve Body for hydraulic lock up.

Its late, Will update with more info.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote