View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #11
James the III

Re: Haggerty Insurance turned me down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vogel View Post
[.
Yes, Ive got that much in the engine. And way more than that in the rest of the truck. However, alot of guys have way more than that n their vehicles.
Don't matter... The insurer will asked themselves why so much in the engine..
answer is to go fast.. and to use it..
that =risk.

It is why my truck is 143.oo a year and my chevelle was 3 times that..
they know the chevelle will most likely be drivin harder.. more risk..

listing the truck at a worth 15k more than it be to replace it they want to know why you feel it's worth that.. you say x dollars in engine.. they know a basic v8 doesn't cost that.. not in these.. it's not a date matched hemi cuda..

I got 20k in a sbc I could put in my truck.. if I did and told them this.. I'd expect a hahahaha sorry. no..
but listing it as a 350 v8 no red lights go off..
To get a vehicle insured with huge money in a drivetrain you have to insure it as a hot rod /race car.. as the coverage will expect the value of the drivetrain to be that high and your bill will reflect that..

The truck that has money in the engine is a magnet for thieves.. insurers know this..
my basic 350 truck is less likely to get taken than your truck with big money engine /trans in it.. even if we both insure them for the same dollar value..
insurance is all about risk..

I'd insure it as a hot rod/ race car that way they'll cover the mod and high dollar parts.. but don't expect a 143 a year bill like a stock looking truck

Last edited by James the III; 02-17-2017 at 01:38 PM.
James the III is offline   Reply With Quote