View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 01:00 PM   #98
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5mgisi View Post
Are you on any of the chevy Facebook groups?
Quote:
Originally Posted by y5mgisi View Post
Yes any locking hub for your style 60 will work. And no, u bolts for the 14 bolt are not the same as a 6 lug axle unless it's a. 14 bolt semi float 6 lug. Those will use the same u bolts. What info did you need now? I don't quite recall.
Yes I am on quite a few of them. National Squarebody Association, Square body nation, 73-87 Square body classifieds, 73-87 Chevy/GMC trucks... so on. Why do you ask?

That is good news about the locking hubs, hopefully I can score a set for less than $100. Funds are going to get tight here soon.

I found ORD's U bolts for 14bolt, but all I saw was the flip kit where the u bolts mount upside down and come with their plate. $80+$16 shipping is expensive in my opinion so I am looking for a cheaper solution. Now that I know the U bolts are 5/8" diameter and 3.375 wide that helps.

For now I have to get the new rear hangers on and mount the front hangers and get my front axle mounted. So that's enough work for this week probably.

Then I have to put my 4x4 crossmember in and probably change the other front xmember that the sway bar mounts too as well.

After that I need to mount my fuel tank in rear and do fuel lines. Then I need to swap over to hydroboost and do new brake lines.

Then find a crossmember to support the NV4500.. Then a transfer case for the NV4500. Then hydrooboost brake pedals with hydraulic clutch pedal. Then I have to figure out drive shaft, I need to shorten my rear portion then change front portion to go to whatever tcase I get. I swear I saw someone do a crew cab short bed and use a 1 piece drive shaft.. May have been from a 70s model 4x4 ford??? I cant remember, wish I could find that again. I hate 2 piece shafts.

Then mount trans and get ready to see what it will take to mount the 6.5 TD.
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote