View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 11:27 PM   #1
forestb

Forest's rebuild thread

I have been on here for a while so I thought I would start a rebuild thread. "Rebuild" meaning, "Your truck looks like it is almost done why are you taring it apart?" The reason comes in one word, and that word is rust. Rust that has been covered with a layer of sheet mettle and then bondoed smooth and is now bubbling. Front fenders that have been welded to the cab because the brackets have rusted off. So far I have come to one conclusion. The more you dig the more holes you find. The first picture is of what the truck looked like before the rebuild. The rest are what it looks like now with a little work that I have dun on the fire wall and the door corners fixed. The rest of the front end is at the sheet mettle shop being straightened and having the rust removed. I am having the most difficult time deciding what color I want to paint it. On a side note, any one that tells you that new environmentally friendly paint lasts longer than old paint is trying to sell you something and my guess is that it is new environmentally friendly paint.
Attached Images

forestb is offline   Reply With Quote