View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
allytle

Shop/Rat/Art/Truck

I've had this 63 C20 for two years. This is what she looked like when I brought her home. Needless to say the wife was not impressed. hahaha!

She came with bed full of spare wheels and parts. Like, packed full. The 350 was just rebuilt and not even broke in plus there's a tranny in it. This is how she sits now. Needs wiring, hoses, lines, brakes and stuff but most everything is there.
I had ideas of putting it on bags and laying frame. That's why it sat for two years. I was never ready to do it. Well, I came to my senses and realized I just need to get the damn running and change things as so go. That made me change my concept from a low rider to a stink bug.

I own a tattoo shop in a small Arizona town. Because of the weather the car scene is huge here. Hot rods and rat rods galore. I'm an artist as well as an enthusiast so I want a truck to represent me and my shop. I have a rustic style of art I'm known for. The bed of nails below was a piece I made for a local charity auction. I've had thoughts of building another one on a trailer that I could haul around to events. But now I'm going to install it right on the truck. The painted door with my logo hangs outside my shop and the other pictures are interiors of the shop and a cabinet I made.

So I want to build a thin long flatbed, four by eight feet, that will ride between the tires and turning it into a bed of nails. I'll build a steel headboard to mount the cow skull and weld some big steel horns on it. I'm thinking of putting dually's with tall tires and painting my logo on the doors. This is the closest thing I've found to my idea. Longer bed of nails. Similar to the sculpture I made. I like the stink bug stance. Tall in the back in the weeds in front.

Of course I've got plenty of work to do to get her together and running first. She's in the garage now. First thing is sheet metal and wheels off. Then brakes and bearings. I'll go from there. I hope to keep some good momentum. There's a local show in February I hope to bring her to. Thanks for looking.
allytle is offline   Reply With Quote