View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #74
BSRL

Re: Blazer half cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckeez View Post
You would be "going in DEEP" on a fools errand, the old blazer crowd would LOVE it,,
someone with no sense about this market gets that many made up, and ever one of the old truck guys would sit around watching like vultures for what they all have been waiting for all along, You tumbling on the price to attempt getting some of your loss back,a $450.00 top.
even if you could find a honest shop in that Cut Throat buis --they would want $750 to make them, Seriously you would loose your ass on that.
I would never make anything a customer dosent pay 1/2 down first, period.
Truckeez, again thanks for the input; point taken! This local manufacturer is very reputable, and the owner is into cars; he produced a rep-pop 59 "vette" that sold a B-J auction a couple of years ago for over $200k. Interestingly enough his rep guessed their charge to produce would be $750.00 give or take so you're right on for cost. Remains to be seen if they're willing to participate and if I hear from "boneyard" about his molds. I'm thinking $1250.00 to $1500.00 would be what they'd cost; your probably right, too many want something for nothing..
BSRL is offline   Reply With Quote