View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #1
TypeSL2

James and Rachael's Full Service '64

Well, the work has finally began. Quick intro. This is our '64 Long Stepper that we picked up last August. Definitely a rough truck, but we bought it just to have one to use around the house. Of course, I can't leave well enough alone, so there are already plans for it. We love the look of the whole truck, so the only things getting touched are going to be mechanical bits.

Currently, the truck is a straight 6 with 4 on the floor. Fuel tank got relocated late last year, but finally completed the fuel filler modification last weekend. Used a weld-in flush mount fuel filler cap from a chopper. It rides on Coker Tires on powdercoated steelies. They will have to be changed later because of the front disc conversion we have planned. That is basically all for now. Pics...

I have every intention of leaving this on the truck for as long as possible. I could always use the extra cash.

Oh, the irony. Starter crapped out on us 2 weeks after buying it.

Progress pics of the fuel tank relocation

Still has the wood bed underneath, albeit in really rough shape. This will get fixed later. The diamond plate works really well for now.

Not quite hung in this picture, but you get the idea.

Progress pics of the fuel filler that we finally finished up 6 months after the fuel tank relocation.

The filler cap we used.

The finished product. No body filler or anything. Just welded, smoothed and primered. The rest of the fender was already primered, so this blended in quite well I think.

James
TypeSL2 is offline   Reply With Quote