View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 08:15 AM   #22
Jaysonb

Re: 85 GMC dirt cheap refresh

I have made some progress in the last couple of days, I got the front end, seat, carpet, and right door taken off. With that stuff out of the way I was able to get started on the right rocker panel. On the right side I got lucky, all I have to replace is the bottom 2" of the inner rocker, the outter rocker, and a very small patch on the cab corner. The floors have some minor surface rust, and the kick panel is fine. With the door on and off a few times, I got the outter rocker trimmed to fit nice, then pulled it back apart to do the inner rocker. I like to leave as much of the factory metal there as possible to fit the outter rocker, even if it's rusty, get it tacked in, put the door and fender on, and get the fit up nice, and make some alignment marks so that it goes back in the exact same spot after I take it back off. I find if you just cut everything out at once, it's too easy to end up off a little off here and there, as the aftermarket parts don't fit correctly without some work.
Attached Images

Jaysonb is offline   Reply With Quote