View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 09:20 PM   #17
jeffahart

Re: Fought speeding ticket in court - Won!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin08 View Post
the unfair treatment is what stirs my last nerve....

Wifes brother (23 yrs old), was just hired for a local to home state law enforcement agent (police officer)....travels to my residence last week for the holidays (12 hr drive making good time....), arrives in under 11.

leaves sunday, and upon checking in ( 11 hrs later), has been pulled over doing 92 in a 70...is allowed to leave with a verbal ( drive safe young pig).

that gets me bad !!!!! totally pi$$es me off.

Karma did check in, as he got a flat tire in the middle of arkansas ( nothing for 25 miles)...apparently newer malibus didnt receive spares as standard equipment ($350 option).

but all in all, he got off, sped home and still managed a 12 hr trip in 11 ish !
It's because safety is relative. Traffic tickets are a revenue game, always have been. The base fine for my ticket was $70 With all the assessments and service fees it bloated up to $367 dollars. My situation was nothing more than me being plucked from the pack. I tried to just pay on-line. But the cop mucked it up so I was going to have to appear before a judge to request his mistakes be fixed. And then ask for traffic school.

Want to be mad or annoyed? You cannot call a Los Angeles court with a problem. You get a recording that states they are overloaded an you have to come in person. They have no problems wasting your time. I sent a lawyer to go in my place. That simple. And her decision was to fight. Fine with me!

j