View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
dubds10
Stalker Nate

Re: I want to DD my '71 again

Bunch of pansies growing here in this forum with all this "new" daily driver talk. Makes me sick to my stomach hahaha

I was daily driving my '72 blazer with a 350, mild lift with 33s, NO heat, NO A/C but lots of rust holes in the bed so I had fresh air blowing through the entire cab all the time. I drove it topless in the winter and rain season on many trips to haul vehicles 100's of miles back home. Mileage...I'm not sure what that it and gas is around $5/G up here if we do the conversion..actually more. It was the most reliable vehicle I've had so far. Only thing that ever went was the water pump, which was replaced on the side of the road after I limped it off the highway. Try doing that with a new vehicle...aint gonna happen.

I went from a 2006 Chrysler 300STR-8 fully loaded as my daily driver to the '72 Blazer and never wanted to go back to a new car again. I still wont go back to driving a new car. I rather drive old iron with all it's non-safety features and quarks than a new vehicle I'm not allowed to work on lol

Personally, I'd fix all the leaks and fix the suspension on it. Otherwise I'd drive it and pick a project to do on it each weekend. Fix and prep everything you have for it and then take a day or two to install one thing. Do it that way and it'll also give you something to do while you drive it and enjoy it.

Nate

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote