View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #34
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Bill is pretty content with his well built Ram Charger. Yeah, that would be cool if some of the AZ forum members joined us on our desert trips.

Well, the rattle can rebuild is complete and the engine is almost ready to stab but I am struggling with some major seized exhaust manifold flange studs and the power steering pulley does not want to go back on. I’ve never fought a pulley like this one ever in my life! Errrr! I am going to pull out the hot wrench here in a minute to help with both of those problems.

Now this front axle snubber is just a dumb idea. I yanked it off and tossed it in the iron pile.

ORD steering box brace installed

Engine bay ready for install. New clutch fork, ball and release bearing. I didn’t paint the inner fenders as they will be replaced soon anyway. Same with the brake booster. It is going to be replaced with hydroboost.

You can see those rat bastid exhaust manifold studs in this picture. Errr

I wish I was putting this 8.1L back in instead of the 5.7L during this teardown. Next time!

We’re all going snow wheeling tomorrow so nothing will get done with the Sub until maybe Sunday.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote