View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #8
bohmankid

Re: Moby: My Chevy 4x4 ls swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
I'm going to follow this one!!!

I can't wait to see how this one turns out looks sharp if you want to send a Christmas gift free shipping to I can give you the address to my house for the motor jk man can't wait to see it looks good.

I want to see some interior pictures my brotha!!
Oh ya, I'll try to get some interior pics soon. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee View Post
I really liked the old truck. Looks like this one will be just as nice!

Where you able to buy the old one back for parts?
Yes sir I bought the old one back and will be parting it out. I'm taking the ls motor that i swapped into my old one and putting it into Moby.

Anyway, updates...

I spent two or three weekends wire-wheeling, degreasing, washing and prepping my firewall, inside of fenders, under hood and the frame. I painted the engine bay gloss white with Rustoleum paint and brushed the frame with Por15.

Dropped in the motor

Installed all the accessories and LS3 longtubes. I'm hoping to put an H-pipe in this exhaust and route it all the way out the back.

rigged up an intake.

This is what I did for the steam line. I just bypassed the throttle body and went straight to this custom fitting i put in the hose.

I rigged up my stainless braided gas lines and Summit fittings back to the drivers saddle bag tank. I think I might start looking for a high pressure valve so I can still use both of my saddle tanks because having 20 gallons on each side of you is nice sometimes. I still need to either drop the tank or pull off the bed to put the fuel pump in there.

Next on agenda is cleaning and painting this nasty radiator support. Too bad I picked a bad time to start working on my cars outside.. it's cold!

bohmankid is offline   Reply With Quote