View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 12:17 PM   #21
bohmankid

Re: Moby: My Chevy 4x4 ls swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
Its a real bummer about the other truck, I remember reading that thread some time ago, I had no idea it got in a wreck, Glad you found another, and got the wrecked one back for parts! Are you gonna put the wheels off the wrecked one on here?
Thanks for reading! Yeah what happened to my old truck was a tragedy that I'm still not over. But I'm going to use as many parts off it as a can. I want Moby to be Bear, 'reborn' Hahaha. The front wheel was hit at 60 mph so it's pretty dinged up, but it still holds air and doesn't look bent. I'll probly get new wheels and mud tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekkidhillbilly View Post
keeping th400?
Yes I'm keeping the th400. For now..

I got a chance to work on the truck. I painted the inner fenders white. Too much? I thought black would look out of place or too plain. Don't judge my wires hanging everywhere, I plan on hiding the wires last cause it's my least favorite job.. And I don't know how I'm going to mount my computer yet. Does anybody have any ideas for me? As you can see, it's just chillin in the corner along with a bunch of other wires I need to run. My check engine light is on as well. I haven't hooked up an OBD2 port yet to find out why, but I think it might just be a vaccum leak.

Yesterday, I put together my exhaust. I used the exhaust the truck came with, it's 2.5 inches with some sort of thrush or flowmaster mufflers. I just needed to re-weld the collectors into the correct position for the ls3 headers. I also put in an H-pipe after my transfer case. I've never welded up anything like an H-pipe before, so it was a learning experience. It turned out PERFECT.

Here's a picture for the road. Looking better than when I bought it! I put the wheels and tires on it off of my old one I crashed.

Speaking of LS swaps.. Who would drive this?

bohmankid is offline   Reply With Quote