Thread: 2010 dash swap
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 08:44 PM   #10
kipps

Re: 2010 dash swap

LH-Leadfoot, since reading up some more on this, I've got a few more questions.

I'm starting with a 2010 LMG engine. I am deleting the AFM, which results in a LMF engine. No 4th gen vortec engine was offered with a manual transmission, that I can tell. I intended to simply bolt up a manual, and delete everything related to the automatic, but I changed my mind.

It appears that using an actual Camaro SS ls3 tune will be much better, because I can run a clutch switch, can guarantee the speed sensor will work, and won't be needing to see "drive" from the TCM for cruise control to work.

My intention now, is to purchase a junkyard BCM from a Camaro SS ls3, and get the VIN from the same vehicle. My brother is a GM tech, and using the provided Camaro VIN, can flash a Camaro tune onto my LMG e38 ECM. This should give me a matching Camaro ECM and BCM.

After this, I'll go back into the ECM with HPtuners, and repopulate all the tables with my LMG(LMF) engine data. This should give me the closest thing to a factory vortec engine with a manual transmission.

Now for the questions. The only purpose I intend for the BCM, is smart charging and cruise control. What is the minimum required to use the BCM in this situation? Can I simply pin battery voltage, ignition voltage, ground, and GMLAN to the BCM, and it will boot up and play nice with the ECM? Then hook up just the wires needed for the cruise switches and the smart charging current sensor, and it will handle those tasks correctly?

Or will "VATS" need to be disabled in the BCM, or in someway trick the BCM into thinking the correct startup sequence is being followed?

It appears you've studied this a bit more in depth than I have, so I'd appreciate your input.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote