View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #17
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Re: I lifted the hood on the Blazer . . .

Got out for a short amount of time last night. Messed with the transfer case a bit. I need to put in about a 1/2" spacer to drop it down. The crossmember I am using was for a Dana 20 and with the NP205 transfer case installed, it is rubbing on the bottom of the floor.

Next I started installing the front springs. I got these from Skyjacker's (edit - it was Superlift, not Skyjacker) scratch and dent store on e-bay for like $29.00 for the pair. They had no damage at all and although not the springs I would normally buy, for the price I couldn't pass them up. Had to pull out the metal bushing for the front of the spring eyelet and cut it down a little bit. After that, got the driver side to slide right in. Hopefully get out tonight and get the passenger side installed.

I think I will snatch a spare 350 I have lying around and drop it in the engine bay, then I can pull the old 12 bolt axle and put in the 14 bolt. With the engine in, I can then measure the rear driveshaft and also figure out the right angle for the new spring perches. Need to then get them welded on. I can also throw in the front driveshaft and make sure it is the right length.

Pics, sure I have pics. The first one shows how rediciously low I had to drop the front of the truck to get the engine out.

Next, here is the driverside 4" lift spring installed. I'm using Offroad Design's heavy duty rear shackles and greaseable bolts all around.

Ain't she just beautiful!

Last edited by Yukon Jack; 08-22-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote