View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #27
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Back into winter mode, the snow tires went back on. My wife was an EMT at the time, which introduced me to Ion Crystal fog lamps. The ambulance she drove had a set, and their performance in foul weather was amazing, inspiring me to add a pair of PIAA 510 lamps. Both functionally and for appearance when illuminated these are the coolest fog lights I’ve ever owned. They turn fog into daylight, and are vivid blue from every angle except dead ahead, where they shine bright yellow:

The next year a bonus from work paid for a pair of 15x8” Weld Wheels for the back. Later that summer we spent a fun afternoon at the Silverwood dragstrip when my wife drew standby duty, which allowed me to park the truck in the infield near the finish line, and film the action up close.

I picked up a pair of driver quality chrome radiator aprons from eBay. I found the PIAA lights so amazing I transferred them to my wife’s CRV, and replaced them with a much cheaper set of NOS Unity fog lamps, which I also liked since I previously had them on my 46 Ford:

About this time we sold our property in Idaho and relocated to Washington, shutting down any truck projects for a while.

Last edited by markeb01; 03-09-2012 at 12:59 PM.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote