Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #311
robnolimit

Re: Make it handle

Gringoloco I've been slackin on my A-Arm testing. The ones I've mentioned are arms that I am familiar with. One thing tu understand is what a set of new A-Arms CAN, and CAN-NOT do. First of all, fabricated arms with new bushings and ball joints can reduce flex in the suspension. The ball joints can be 'tipped' to avoid ball joint binding. A set of arms can be designed to adjust the axle center-line, and to change the caster. Within reason, they CAN-NOT change the camber curve, bumpsteer, or anti-dive, as those things are determined by the suspension pivit/mounting points. To be honest, C-10's are kinda new for me, as we have focused on custom building suspensions for 47-59 chevs, and others. So, I'm doing my best to get up to speed. Also, now that we have our own 'test mule' the J.T. we sould be moving a bit faster on this.

Bosshogg69Yes those are RideTech shocks, but not their new design, with the new valve/shim. I'm sure they wil be moving in that direction, as the new units are all built in-house now. I just need to stay in touch with Tony, Brett, and the crew to make sure I can help get the length and stroke we need for our customers.

76Kcfdeng I mentioned the A-arms swap becuase I had read about it in some other threads. As of yet, I haven't tried it. But I have to think it may be too drastic. Your chassis build looks great. I like the sway bar, can you share with everyone what it came off of?
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote