Thread: 47-59 LED Headlight issue
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2023, 10:43 PM   #5
mr48chev

Re: LED Headlight issue

Simple fix, send those ugly things back and get something like these for half the money. I've never figured why guys blow that kind of money on something so ugly just to be in what they think is the cool guy club.

I had Cibie H-4 lights with 55/100 bulb in them in my 48 for a long time and they threw great light on low beam and lit up the road for as far as you see road on high beam. i know they throw plenty of light at 130 mph.

I've got a pair of Jeep (OOPS Toyota landcruiser conversion ) H-4 headlights for it this time around but will have to go out and dig them out of the cabinet to tell exactly what they are.

When I put aftermarket Halogens in my 71 I had to cut the piece that held them (silver piece in your photo so they would clear. I've had good luck with lights from a guy who gets them from India that run H-4 bulbs but he has been out of 7 inch round lights most of the time lately.

Your call on the lights though, you don't have make me happy and I can always use a good laugh.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 06-05-2023 at 06:37 PM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote