View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
clinebarger

Re: Camshaft sensor relocate on 99 c1500 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultzee13 View Post
So I FINALLY got the "stars" out. Put on the new distributor cap. new rotor. I don't get the jolt at idle now, BUT going down the road say 50-60 mph and bam jolt!!!

Code reader still says "P0340" Camshaft Sensor error. I replaced the freaking sensor!!!!!! UGHHHHHHH!!!

I read online were it could be a bad starter??? Can someone explain why or how a starter trying to die as anything to do with a bad camshaft sensor?

Possibly a spark plug misfiring? I guess I don't know what all this code means?
I don't want to assume anything. Maybe I need to throw the damn reader in the trash and go with my gut which tells me bad spark plugs.

BTW - It took me a big fat boy 6 hours today to change out a cpm sensor.
Jeeeez.

1. Using a Digital Volt Ohm Meter (DVOM), With the key on check for Battery Voltage (B+) at the camshaft position sensor....Pink wire pin C. If less than B+ is found at pin C, check for B+ at the under hood fuse block ENG 1 fuse.

2. If there is B+ on pin C, check for a good ground at the camshaft sensor pin A Pink/Black. If a poor ground is found on pin A, check the Pink/Black wire from the distributor housing back to the Vehicle Control Module (VCM) pin 8 of the C1 connector.

3. If the powers and grounds are both OK, check for a 12 volt square wave signal on the Brown/White wire pin B of the camshaft sensor. (requires a scope) If there is a good signal at pin B, check for the same signal at pin 3 of the C1 connector on the VCM.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote