View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 07:09 PM   #12
YoungPup1977
Account Suspended

Re: 1992 4l60 tcc lock-up?

If the VB is a type 1 no need to wire the 4th gear oil to the TCC solenoid.

When you wire the TCC solenoid to the 4th gear oil it apples the TCC right after 4th is achieved making for TCC engagement to soon and we all know everyone has 700hp and huge camshaft so this would chug a lug at low speeds.

So back to doing this right....if the VB is a type 1 which has the provisioning for the TCC shift valve. Transgo sells a 700 LU kit (look it up on that there internet). This kit will allow TCC engagement later so all you guys who like toggle switches all across your nascar dash this won’t work for you. So if you don’t like the toggle switch approach this direction is for you. The kit also has different springs to enable later 4th gear and later TCC engagement which makes in town showing off your 700hp powered truck much easier on the trans.

Just my 2 cents.
Toss the vac switches and pressure switches away. No need for the brake switch setup either. Once gov pressure (controlled by road speed) is overtaken the trans will go to first gear at a stop. So those who think in a emergency brake where you are locking the brakes down.... the gov pressure is overtaken so this means the TCC will disengage with less road speed. Look it up on the internet if you don’t believe me since I don’t need the internet to explain myself. Thanks for listening !!! Gil. “Mr shift”
Posted via Mobile Device
YoungPup1977 is offline   Reply With Quote