Thread: Summertime
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Summertime

EDIT: I had the thought to post this after my experience below. Go ahead and use this thread for any summer related stuff you care to add. Things that seem to only happen in summertime.

Ain't it great? Yeah, it gets too hot but we get over it. Last evening I go to cut the grass. A hot day but I was bound to get it done before the weekend. My mower can was out of gas. I always fill before mowing, but there's still plenty in there. I figured I'd see how far I'd get. The sky was dark just to the north, but not the south. Looked like the storm would miss here. It's been raining some everyday this week. So I get one side of the drive done out front and it runs out doing the other side. I'm determined, so I was running out for gas. 5-6 miles to the south is town, but to the north is a crossroad a bit closer and easier, so I tossed the can in the '72 bed and headed out. Let me back track. I had driven that to work that day and got caught in a shower coming home. So soon as I got home I rinsed it off being I had just washed it up the other day. Ok, now on my way to get gas I roll into some rain drops. Hang a right to the crossroad on the state road and it's all out raining. I drop down to the crossroad and out of the rain. Get my gas, see a neighbor, BS a while, and head back. Back up on the ridge it's raining again. Get back to my place and it's still dry, hose the truck off again, put gas in and finish mowing. Only in the summertime

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-19-2017 at 07:19 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote