View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 11:16 AM   #9
SBTork
Garage wrench

Re: DTC help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87chevy.com View Post
Do you have a tach hooked up?
I do not have a tach hooked up, should I? I've been using my Blue Driver device for my gauges....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildkarde View Post
The mass airflow code could be a huge number of things, dirty maf, vacuum leak, leak in the air intake tube after the maf, fuse, bad ground.

The TCC code means that the PCM is detecting 12v all the time on the TCC brake switch line. It shouldnt keep the torque convertor from locking up since the PCM should ignore the brake switch functionality all toghether if either of the two codes for it are set. The torque convertor will just unlock below the set speed not when you hit the brakes. Can't imagine a bad fuse or ground could be causing this one.

The engine speed code is the same one that is always set in my swaps if the customer doesn't hook up a tach to the tach wire.

The TCC code and the engine speed code aren't aeven severe enough to set a check engine light. I would focus on the MAF code. If fuses and grounds are good get some MAF cleaner. Those things are notorious for getting dirty really easy.

I do have 3 grounds off the engine. I went through and cleaned 1 up and re connected it, 1 is good and the last one looks good but I'm going to take it apart and clean it just for piece of mind. I've been driving it since then and the only code that comes back is the P0654 code. Would hooking up the tach wire help this?

Just for piece of mind I did go through and clean the mass air flow sensor and re-installed it making sure all connections to and from it are good as well as the intake tube to the throttle body. And thank you guys big time for all the help with this so far! I've learned something from this for sure, it helps!!

90 V1500 GMC Suburban 350/700R4/NP241.....
01 Saturn SL1 stock DD.....

Last edited by SBTork; 10-31-2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: added things
SBTork is offline   Reply With Quote