View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 04:34 AM   #92
Spf79

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lks dcvn View Post
Very nice - where did you get the new 6 lug slot rims? Been looking for a used set for awhile - may just need to get new ones instead.
Thank you!

I was in the same boat with the slotted mags, they are stinking hard to find in good shape. Seemed that anything I found in the $500 range was going to need a major polishing job..

I finally found these. I got them off of Amazon for $640. The wheels are a US mags, u101 Indy wheel. Mine are 15x10, with 3.5 back spacing. http://us-mags.com/indy-u101-truck-w-5493.htm. They even have a pic of a Blazer on their website, lol - sold!

I think Summit has them as well. I would assume that your local tire guy can get them. I had a mom and pop shop close to my house mount and balance mine. Note, they had to use a mag machine to put the tires one, one fella had to stand on the tire bead while the other guy ran the machine. They can't use a regular tire machine, because it will catch the lip of the wheel and make bad sounds. I used balancing beads as well so I did not have to deal with sticky lead weights.

The wheels appear to be of good quality, at this point. Hopefully they run out smooth.

Here is the pic of the Blazer off of their website.
Attached Images