View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #99
hemi43

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spf79 View Post
The rear bar is an Addco 202 1" rear sway bar for 2wd or 4wd trucks. It can be installed facing forward or backward of the axle. You circled it in its forward mounted position. I need to install the gas tank and then try changing the bar so that it faces rearward. Not sure how i like it yet. The front bar is a stock 73 & up 1-1/4" GM bar. The PO changed the front cross member out at some point. I can take some better pics tomorrow in the daylight. Sound good?
Thanks !! After seeing your post, I spent lots of money today !! :-)
I went out this morning and bought an original 73 up front anti-sway bar from Bill's trucks which is just a few minutes from here. For some odd reason, I had a urethane bushing kit for it here which was a bonus. I will have to fab some front mounting pads, because I'm told the first Gen Blazers never came with front anti-sway bars.
While under the truck, I decided to buy new leaf springs also, and opted for the Tuff Country EZ-Ride with a 2"lift.
I like the idea of having the rear bar face forwards so I'll look into the one you used, because I may have fitment issues mounting rearwards. My exhaust pipes are in the way. Thanks for the info !!

Edit; I just checked the price for the Addco 202 here in Canada. $334.00 VS $186.00 at Jeg's !! FFS, I get fed up living up here. :-(

Last edited by hemi43; 12-08-2017 at 06:15 PM.
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote