View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 10:03 PM   #3
gigamanx

Re: Radiator Hoses for Speedway Rad + SBC 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
looks like a factory TBI 4.3 s10 (93-96) hose might fit the top. for the bottom I like the factory lower hose for a 55 chevy v8 car, it requires a little trimming, I have the number if they cant find it.

those flexy hoses arent usually worth anything, even if they have a spring in them. getting a lower that is reinforced is really important or it will suck shut.

IF you are feeling especially froggy, take a coat hanger and bend it around till it goes in the center of both the rad and the water pump, then take it to the parts store and they will let you look at all the hoses hanging. thats how I found the 55 car hose, which is a very simple hose, looks basically like an L.
I tried taking a bent piece of wire to the auto store and the guy's head just about exploded when I said I need this shape, but I wouldn't give him the year make and model. Left frustrated which is why I'm here. I don't want to order 15 different hoses trying to find the right diameter and bends. I definitely want a reinforced one because both tubes are a bit close to the serpentine belt. The last thing I need is some rubber on rubber action. I'll order your suggestion JD and see how it goes

While I'm at it...maybe I should install the heater hoses too while all the fluid is out. That was supposed to be a future job, but oh well...gotta wait till the winter thaws about a bit more anyway.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride

Last edited by gigamanx; 02-28-2018 at 10:11 PM.
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote