View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #124
my4by2

Re: 1977 Chevy K30 Crew Cab Build

Well, crappy end of the week for me.... Neither the new engine or the radiator has yet to make it to the shop! The rear axle housing is still at the powder coater as well - he is baking it in the oven several times to "cook out" all the oil from the metal before he shots it. They did however get the pedal assembly out of that '85 1-ton fit into my truck, although I have no pics to share of it yet... They sent those out to powder coat as well & then will install new bushings & stuff before final installation.
Still going back & forth on the header issue too - guess Trevor thought with the new bell housing that the headers I got would clear, but it's still an issue. Sent him the information on a company called Stainless Header Mfg. - they send out a kit that let's you mock up a custom set of full-length headers - then you send the kit back & they fab them for you. May not be the cheapest way to go, but at least they would fit perfectly!!!
The shop is also bringing back Del who they let go for a little while when the economy was so rough. He's SOOOOOOOOO much better and keeping me informed & getting me pics regularly!!! Plus he just kept everything flowing & organized quite a bit better!!!
Still tossing around the idea of running the STS remote mount turbo kit too, but not 100% sure if the investment is worth it. Biggest thing I don't like about it is having to have the air filter in the back, but they could fab up an enclosure in the bed somewhere & run the tubing up to it. We'll see I guess.
Hopefully will have pics for you all pretty soon - I'm doing what I can to get em.....
my4by2 is offline   Reply With Quote