View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 08:11 AM   #1066
Desert1957

Re: 85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Chris got the last bit of wiring done. He discovered that KMC 20 does not need a constant hot unless you want it constantly hot. We did not, so that was changed. Once more he double checked everything and covered it all in duct tape.

I worked more on the fit of the boxes. I fine tuned the gaps and added the last close out panel to the top of the 6x9 box. I added Silent Coat to the back of the box and closed it up for testing.
Chris linked his phone via Bluetooth and we fired it up. We started the tuning process by going neutral with all the settings. The #kmc20 processor has plenty of tuning capabilities so we spent some time roughing it in.

For our first round of tuning we turned the bass off and slowly brought up the mids and highs. We tried a variety of songs and found a happy place so we brought the bass back in. I like really tight lows so I want to play with frequency settings more, but so far we have a good base tune and we are pleased.

Before we blow it apart, I shot a short video. (Link) Now it's time to wrap the enclosure and get this segment of the build done. My next project is already underway.
Ken,
Isn't the seat going to change any settings for sound your making anyway?
I know the low frequencies are omni directional, but mids and highs from the rears?