View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 10:26 PM   #394
papahash

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Long Beds Part II

Well, I bought this truck in February of 2016, she is a 1986 GMC K1500 body, but ever thing under her is from a K35, it had the transfer case out and the tranny was " done" or so they said. I paid $1300 for her, went through it and found that the vaccuum module was bent and that was it. Paid $14.95 for a new module and decided to place a new tow truck torque converter in just for good measure. She runs like a champ. The truck has a 12" lift with 40"x18 wide Boggers, a Dana 60 front end, 14 bolt 10.5" corporate rear, np 205 transfer case bolted to a HD 400 transmission. There is a 350 4 bolt main engine that has been modified to give her more then enough power. I bough the truck with the though of spending the next 4 years redoing everything with my son, since he was the one that I had in mind to teach, but this might not be the truck you give to a kid as there fist truck, but I though that if he had to spend the next 4 years rebuilding it the way he wanted, then he might take better care of it. Since I got her I have put a new Holley 650 carb, new power steering pump, power brake booster, new alternator, and starter. I will take new pictures of my progress as time goes by. When I bought the truck, I was told that Dennis Anderson had built the truck years ago for either his son or grandson, I can't really say that's the truth or not, but when I was cleaning the truck out I did find a temporary tag that had his name on it, for that truck.
papahash is offline   Reply With Quote