View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 10:21 PM   #14
bluex

Re: Squarebody Trailing Arm Conversion

Well that last sentence above came back to bite me. I've been off the past few days an been cranking on this thing. Yesterday I got to the point where I was just about ready to throw the tires back on it an let it off the stands. Jacked the rear axle all the way up into the notch to check travel an the driveshaft hits the trailing arm crossmember with around 2" of up travel left. I ran it all the way up first then checked when it hit so I hope I didn't bend it with that first test.

So I fired off an email, then went to bleed the brakes. (All new rear axle lines an new braided stainless lines front an rear). Stripped a front bleeder screw, threw a wrench or two then quit for the day.

I swapped out the caliper an finished up the brakes this morning an then took most everything on the rear back apart. I have a few plans of my own but I'm waiting to see what direction PB wants to go. My show deadline is in serious jeopardy now.....

Looks like I never mentioned the show in here, I'm trying to have it ready for Run to the Sun in Myrtle Beach this March.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote