Thread: Wheel Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 06:22 AM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Re: Wheel Opinions

Plenty of mall crawlers with 37/12.50-16s and bigger running around. Some even have winches that never guy spooled out and hubs that never get locked in. There are 4wds built for many uses. Not all want a trail-worthy rig while never going anywhere near a mall. I like what I like and you like what you like. I use my 4wd for what I want and you use yours for what you want. Lots of 4wds around here, especially Jeeps, all set up with the good off road stuff...Hi-Lift jacks across the hood just waiting to fly through your windshield and bust your face (certainly not to be removed and mess up the paint), Cut-down fenders to throw rain mist and objects at other drivers, toothy tires to grip that pavement, etc. I don't go to malls, but I see them at the Safeway.

Lots of opinions on how to do it all. But this thread asked opinions between two specific wheels... that's it. I think most people would pick the first wheels since they look so much like the wagon wheels people love to hate . Even people who say they like period correct wheels on these trucks.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote