Thread: 48 panel truck
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #200
Chevette

Re: 48 panel truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpickup View Post
mud.man.rj, oldman3, seanery, Thank you. Where I work I do have full access to what we have. Manual and CNC lathes and mills. We all program and run our machines so basically the sky is the limit. I have made a lot of hot rod parts. The owner is always checking out what I am building. We just had a company picnic the other week and I drove the panel truck to it and he told me that he wanted to go fast, so we did. After we got back he layed on the ground looking under it for probably 10 minutes and everyone thought something was wrong with it . But no he was just checking it out and asking how I did things. He was really into it. He has a 60s P1800 volvo sports car and I keep telling he we need to put a LS motor in it.

hotrod1, That one is our middle size one. It has a 12" chuck, we have a pretty big manual lathe that has a 24" chuck on it. We have a big horizontal mill I run, it has 5' x 10' travel on it. I did some big rings on it that were 90" in diameter and had to do it in double set ups. I had at least 15,000 lbs on the table between the rings and the knees. I told the owner boy you must really trust me. And he laughed , it was a big dollar job.
Ok, that's cheating! The only company equip. I get to use is ladders, table saws and jack hammers.

Question: Know how to sell your truck for $50,000?
Answer: Spend $100,000 building it.
Chevette is offline   Reply With Quote