View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #191
Jimmy51

Re: My 1954 Chevy PickUp-truck

Good evening Gents:

This will be my first post. Been reviewing all the posts for gaining some knowledge before I begin my 1951 GMC build. I wanted to say thank you for all the great insight and start some dialogue with anyone with experience with what I am about to attempt.

For starters, I replaced the rusted and tattered 1951 chassis for a 2000 S-10 chassis and purchased a motor mount kit and the S-10 chassis swap kit from Advanced Design Engineering (ADE). It only made since because Robert Hertz, owner of ADE had already did all the figuring/measurements and fabricated all the body mount brackets, bed sill cross members and the like for the S-10 Chassis swap. Plus I am a neophyte (as green or as wet behind the ears as it gets) at this venture. So green I am still learning the nomenclature of frame and body parts.

Here's my question, does anyone know if there are any good resources (books, periodicals, drawings, or assembly notes) out there to help a first timer with the proper steps to take starting with step one through step one thousand? With a ton of helpful hints / lessons learned to avoid making the big mistakes and blunders? I know I am going to make some anyway but always like not repeating the same ones someone else did and is willing to share!

Thank you in advance,
Posted via Mobile Device
Jimmy51 is offline   Reply With Quote