View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 02:16 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Doing your own upholstery

For our trucks I've installed three bench seat covers and a set of buddy bucket covers. Id say the benches would be hard to distinguish from a pro install, the buddy's were a little bit tougher for me to pull off, so not quite the quality I was hoping for in the end.

I'm in the market for a set of 71/72 Cheyenne Super style black bucket seat covers. When finished I want them to look brand spanking new. No weird wrinkles, or wavy looking welting on the seat bottoms and backs. I want those babies tight haha. Also I've seen so many with the vertical sides along the seat bottom have all sorts of weird looking "wrinkles"

My problem is that I've seen a ton of seats redone by supposed pros that in my mind don't look any better than any of us could do.

Is there any sort of trick to doing buckets over benches? I would think buckets would be easier, but those stupid buddy's I did sure weren't.

Love to hear the tips besides heat it up first in the sun or drier. Or maybe part of it is the quality of the seat cover? I've heard PUI is pretty good.