View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 04:57 PM   #4
SCOTI

Re: rear bumper help

Most standard aftermarket hitches mount under the frame. The receiver tube + ball mount are usually located completely under the plate opening on the bumper.

You can research a hitch set-up for a Suburban, Blazer, or C10/20/30 w/the optional 'Sport' bumper. This could possibly provide measurements that you can compare to what's currently under the truck. Once you know/compare those numbers, as long as the ball mount is under the plate, the Sport bumper should swap w/o issue.

I have a 'hidden-hitch' set-up under my CC Square-body dually. It keeps the receiver tube tighter/closer to the frame which puts the ball mount positioned directly behind the license plate. I prefer the hitch tucked & out of site when not being used. I simply flip the plate up out of the way when I need to install the ball mount to tow the trailer.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote