View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 09:21 AM   #10
darrellyates

Re: Trim, Side Moldings, Emblems, Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Spoon View Post
As someone who hasn't been up to speed on 67-72 trucks in years, I'm wondering what the consensus is on who makes the highest quality trim, moldings, emblems, etc. for these trucks? Or is there essentially only one source?
Mar-K is a very good source for the trim. However, most sellers handle trim made by Mar-K. Same with the tailgate handle relocation kit. That is, if you order from someone like, say, Southern Kentucky, you will find that the parts are actually in Mar-K boxes. Not all resellers do this, because they get better prices when they buy in larger quantities, then re-sell to you, but that's how a lot of it works.

Yes, I got Mar-K trim from Southern Kentucky. Yes, it was still in the Mar-K box. Yes, it cost less than buying direct from Mar-K (they won't discount to an individual to prevent undercutting their distributors)...

I can't speak to LMC or Brothers, as I didn't source my trim there. However, you can ask when you are about to place your order if the trim is sourced from Mar-K or not. Then, depending on the answer, decide if you want to place your order. I saved a fair amount buying from Southern Kentucky over ordering direct from Mar-K, the trim was in Mar-K boxes, I showed up and they let me inspect the pieces before I took them home. Very pleased with the service on the trim from the guys at Southern Kentucky Classics...

Best of luck!
darrellyates is offline   Reply With Quote