View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 09:54 AM   #10
MMcMasters

Re: 1970 Med Olive Project

I'm hoping someone can help me out with some part numbers. Here is the engine cover that came with my L96. I really don't care for it and I would like to run the covers below.

And this is a new set of Vortec Max covers I picked up awhile back. From what I can find from google, the Vortec Max was an option around 2006-2008 on the 6.0 trucks. I really like the look of the covers but I'm having an issue. There are brackets that attach the side covers to the head and I cant find the part numbers. I also would like to find the part number for the intake from those years so I can try to find one. The center cover's front attaching bolt lands right on my MAF sensor so either I need to find the proper intake or fabricate something to work which is not what I really want to do.

A few of my buddies think I'm stupid for staying with the truck intake and truck accessories but to me it's a "truck" engine going into a truck and I like that

If anyone has the info I need I would greatly appreciate it. Or if anyone can steer me to another site that may have more information that would be great too.

Thanks in advance

70 Med Olive build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=714804

Instagram- protouring66
MMcMasters is offline   Reply With Quote