View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 12:24 PM   #1
PJ66C20

greetings from NW Pa

Thanks for adding me! I've been lurking on here for a bit collecting info, great resource!
I work at a small gearing and drivetrain shop that also sells parts for OTR trucks. I make and repair driveshafts, rebuild transfer cases, etc. I will be doing most or all of the needed repairs myself.
I found this '66 C20 at an old closed dealership in Ohio. They took it on trade many years ago and it sat inside. It was driven occasionally. The owner knew very little about it. I've been decoding numbers. It's from the Fremont CA plant. I know it's a 327 that has '69 camel hump heads on it. It has an edelbrock performer intake and carb. Factory AC (not operational yet but all there, last priority) and a 700R4 tranny. Eaton HO52 and I believe it's 4.56 ratio according to my calculations (about 2450 rpm at 70 mph in od and torque converter locked) thank god for the OD trans.
The body appears to be all original with no bondo. There is surface rust here and there on the underside and the inner rockers have small holes but all in all pretty clean for 55 years old.
I rebuilt the distributor, new plugs and wires, put the vacuum lines on the correct ports and she runs pretty sweet.
Right now, I'm rebuilding the the front end control arms, ball joints, etc to pass inspection.
Me and the wife have been toying with the idea of getting something like this for while and decided F@#$ it life's short!No check engine light...perfect! We plan on cruising and maybe a couple shows.
Attached Images

PJ66C20 is offline   Reply With Quote