View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 01:03 AM   #10
nrb's70gmc

Re: Another L.E.D Turn Signal Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robznob11 View Post
Im not sure if this is what you are refering to but the fix is to take a small screw driver or a jig saw blade works well. Un pin the two terminals from the plastic connector that the flasher plugs into and swap them. If you look at the flasher one is marked with an x. They as well are polarity sensitive. I had the issue and i could get the flasher to work with a load resistor but not with out it. Swapped the terminals on the flasher plug to the correct way and boom it worked. Also if you are running an aftermarket switchback style front turn it will also caus your issue because the current will bleed through the switch back circuit and not pull enough load for a blink unless they are well made switch back offerings. Usually you see this with the cheap china stuff.

Please correct me if im wrong -

instead of moving the pins i made 2 wire leads (and plugged the flasher in)
(X to L not X to X) is that the same effect as what you explained?

Actually i have a reversed polarity led electronic flasher but it doesnt have the the ground lead. i baught (from super bright leds) but it didnt make them blink either

The leds are one color Amber not switch back.
1970 2wd 3/4 ton- 2004 crate 350 thorley tri-y headers-edelbrock performer eps manifold 600cfm performer carb, crane cams energizer cam,lifters, dual 2.5 magnaflows, mallory HEI, powermaster 140 amp altenator, griffen aluminum radiator.(8 MPG)

Last edited by nrb's70gmc; 12-19-2017 at 02:22 AM.
nrb's70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote