View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 10:35 AM   #54
CSHADES

Re: Rebuilding my 1977 plow truck

I hope everyone here had a good holiday. After getting the radiator support and front inner fenders mounted, I went to install the new front fenders. But I had forgotten you cant put the inner fenders on before the outer fenders. So I took the inners back off and went to put the new fenders on, no matter what I did the new fenders would not line up with the mount holes on the top of the cowl. I still had the old cowl sitting there so I measured the mount holes across the old cowl and compared the measurements to the new cowl. Guess what? the old cowl mount holes were an inch farther apart than the new cowl. So did something move when I was welding in the patch pieces or are the fender mounting holes different from 73-80 to 80-87? all of the rest of the fender mount holes on the cab are correct. So now I have to figure out what to do. I came up with a solution that I wasn't completely happy with but it works and most people will never be able to tell the difference. Any body want to guess?
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote