View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 10:53 PM   #37
matt.quest21

Re: Matt's 1970 C10 Thread

Well it's been a while since I last posted, but I've made a lot of progress.

Here are some updates:

Happy Birthday to me!

MSD 6AL-2 and Coil

MSD 8361 Pro Billet

The Distributor was an Ebay find. My dad bought it for me. Isn't he awesome?

In the midst of all of that, I began prepping my garage to make room for my truck.

I got some free material that was perfect for making a few work benches. This one is my favorite. Butcher block top with 4 inch casters for mobility. Added a power strip so I can have power wherever I go. This thing is already coming in handy.

Yesterday I summoned a few neighborhood friends and we got the bed off and hood removed. My truck looks naked!

I was nervous to drive my truck into the garage. There was a slight hill and I had no brakes, besides the emergency brakes. In the end there were no issues at all. I slowly got the truck moving, and used my reverse gear as a brake. Here is the current resting place for my truck.

I'm so excited that I finally have a warm and dry place to start working on my truck.

Next few things I will be doing include:
  1. Swapping the old distributor for the new MSD setup. I want to verify the eBay find is good. I have a 30 day warranty so I want to check it out before time is up.
  2. Begin cleaning up frame rust in the back as I find time. I also need to cut out crossmember where new fuel tank will go.
  3. Remove front of truck in preparation for engine removal.
  4. Start ordering new parts.

Y'all have a good week!