View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 09:20 AM   #9
BigJackDaddy

Re: 1982 Shortbed 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh1956 View Post
I miss my son being around, we were ALWAYS doing what you're doing. I still do but it's not near the fun it was. My son lives in Nashville now & I only get to see him a few times a yr. My daughter's son has NO interest in this kinda stuff, but 7 yr old grand daughter- She's gonna go for it I'm sure!
Wish you & your son well, enjoy this time it is like no other.
Andy, I couldn't have said it better myself and greatly appreciate your insight. I'm not building trucks. I've built enough of them over the years. My focus is on this young man and his older brother. They're building trucks... and gaining valuable life skills in the process. I'm building young men.

In my mind I know they're not going to stick around forever. Something would be wrong in how we're raising them if they did. They're going to go off and live their own lives in this world. I'm thankful their willing to let me share what I can while they're here.

[I started to get on my soap-box about time on electronics vs practical skills and deleted what I typed - Twice.]
I think you and I could talk over a cup of coffee in the morning on the weekends before going off to our respective projects, lending each other a hand as needed, etc.

Thank for posting. You make me think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
This is great. Would like to follow this as a build. Keep us updated if you're up for it. Thanks.
I agree. It is great... and I'm fortunate to be a part of it and to be able to share with people who "get it".
I'll keep posting as it comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzepplin View Post
Someone has some skills to pass on and one really nice shop with some cool tools.
The skills were a long time, and a lot of mistakes, in the making. If I can save these two guys some time and let them have their own mis-takes, they'll be light-years ahead of me. They're both already doing much more than I was at their age.

Regarding the shop & tools: I am happy to be out of the weather and off the dirt. It wasn't always the case.

Reading about Old Yeller right now. We also cut some double-front-shock bracketry from this frame. As you said in your build, must've been an '80's thing.

Last edited by BigJackDaddy; 01-07-2018 at 09:37 AM.
BigJackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote