Thread: my dad's 41
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #12
Bennett68C10

Re: my dad's 41

Quote:
man that looks nice. My dad would of liked to restore it with a small block, new frame, ac, power everything, but he doesn't have that kind of money, being retired and the cost of living kicking his but and little to no pay raises..
if you know what i mean... I wish i was rich, then it would be finished the way he wants it!!! I just hope he gets to enjoy it atleast for a little bit before it's to late..
The guy my dad bought it off of had already done the mustang II ifs and the small block/turbo 350 swap. He had given up on the project and thats when my dad swooped in and bought it. When he brought it home it was a mess, it only had the rolling chassis with the cab and the front fenders on it. The 305 motor ran good and the tranny shifted fine so my dad didnt worry about it. It has no AC and manual steering, both are things my dad wishes he had but doesn't have the money for. We did everything ourselves including the paint and body. Its not perfect but looks dam good for some rookies.

Your dads truck looks really good, he is an ispiration to keep on plugging away and not give up. I will remember that on my truck as it seems sometimes like it will never be done.

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10

Last edited by Bennett68C10; 12-08-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote