View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 07:40 AM   #124
special-K
Special Order

Re: Pic Thread: Customized Hot Wheels,etc

One was still in the strip tank in that last picture. Here are two I did with colors I had. The blue I barely had enough to do. It was spittin' and I was rockin' it around to get every last drop. Thankfully it didn't puke out any blotches or the whole deal would have been back in the tank. These are more stock-like paint schemes.. The blue one is a stock truck lowered with custom wheels and the green one has an early-60s custom flair, but in original-like color. The green one has white interior and the blue one has the silver fawn, along with a white grille (obviously) and silver exhaust tips. I'm into details, but on my customs not going all the way at this point. I like to keep them toy-like, pretty much how Hot Wheels does them, but in colors of choice. More "built to suit" than custom. The third one I want to do like the green one in solid color, early-60s custom. I want a custom color, thinking maybe an ice blue metallic or possible a metal flake job
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 07-12-2016 at 06:36 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote