View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 09:28 AM   #115
bruceman1968

Re: GMC and Chevrolet VIN and Model Number Decoders with pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiefromwatonga View Post
This is by far the easiest vin decoder to use and best looking one i have ran into in my many vin decoder searches. I have a small problem though. The truck i. Trying to decode is a GMC 5500 (Same as a chevy C50) and its vin is different than what are pictured. Its vin is CE50V-A102079
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceman1968 View Post
My GMC reference materials are packed up right now. (I'm in the middle of a move). But let me see if I can get this off the top of my head.

CE50V-A102079

C = 2wd
E = V-8
5 = 2 Ton
0V = Cab & Chassis
- = Space reserved for special designation
A = Atlanta assembly plant
1 = 1971
02097 = Unique serial number

Thanks for the complement on the decoders.
Okie, SS Tim called me yesterday with some concerns about the decode I did on your truck. This morning I went through your previous posts and found the pictures of your SPID. From the pics of your SPID, I know I made a mistake on the decode. Often on SPIDs, the unique serial number was printed at a different time from the first half of the VIN and it shows with different Font and alignment. This is clearly the case on your SPID.
Name:  ce50va12079a.jpg
Views: 3175
Size:  27.3 KB
Your unique serial number is clearly 102079 which would make the A the model year. 1969 in this case. Sorry for any confusion my incorrect decode might of caused in relation to the year of your truck. It is a 1969.