View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #5
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: Power steering bracket for inline 6

When you find one make sure to get the pulleys.I know with the 250 there are at least 3 different set-ups.The alignment of the pulleys varies.Make sure you get all the pullies,brackets and hardware.If you disassemble it to clean and paint,make sure to note where the spacers on the bracket/pump belong.Make sure you get the pulleys that go with the brackets.There are some differences in Harmonic balancers but they usually can be overcome by use of the minor adjustments in the brackets/spacers and such.
I can't stress to get a complete set-up,enough.Matching stuff from an incomplete set can be a nightmare.

You can get the brackets,pullies and such from any six cyl car or truck.Novas,some impalas and trucks are the most likely to have a 250.If you have a 292 you'll have to find a set from one of them.292's only came in trucks.Any size truck can have the 292.I haven't seen the PS bracket they mentioned as avail on E-Bay but I have seen the A/C bracket from him and it is a stout unit with way more adjustability than you'll need.
Finally,brackets for the 292 are different from the 250,the 250 integrated head is different from the nonintegrated head 250.The integrated head 250 brackets can be used with some mods on the non integrated head engine,if you do a search there will be info on that.
One last thing,Make sure you get all the components from one donor or you will probably have a hard time getting your belt alignment right.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote