View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 07:21 PM   #38
Marine-58

Re: Remove Front Cab Bolts

The truck is running very well. Spent the past year on the drive-train. All these projects are just making it look and handle better. The rear end is going to be swapped for 4.11's and will add a 700R4 eventually for the OD. I'm pretty good at the mechanical parts of rebuilds, just flaky in the body arena.

For taking it to a body/frame shop my problem is working some really long hours every day and there aren't any body shops around here that are open on weekends. Would have to take a vacation and arrange for someone to pick me up. Of course in writing this, the thought comes to mind that we do have a flat bed trailer.... Need to ponder that a little. It would ensure that there are no frame issues....

Though really at this point, I'm not sure it is an issue. The body mounts are all squished pretty flat and not exactly evenly... Of course the passenger door is hanging pretty weird. The hinges have a little play but hardly noticeable. Will look closer this weekend, put a tape measure across the diagonals, etc. When I completed the suspension, after the test drive, took measurements from the shop floor to each wheel well. The front was off by 1/8" and the rear was spot on. Body to tire measurements were perfect side to side. The 1/8" difference could be the passenger front tire is a little low. Will check that and remeasure. This is not proof positive as the frame could be bent up or down and the mount squashed lower or not as much, but the suspension does look good and even.

As with most everything a little more homework and time on the truck. Good thing I enjoy doing this stuff. Just need to convince the wife to give me a bigger allowance..

69 Corvette convertible 454/650
Marine-58 is offline   Reply With Quote