View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #11
poncho_villa

Re: Anyone have an opinion on Jet Performance carbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad68bowtie View Post
I've been looking into getting a JET Performance Quadrajet for my '68. I'm running a 290 hp GM Performance 350 crate motor in the truck and I was looking at the 35002, the 750 cfm Stage 2 model. I feel like I've read a few decent things about JET products, but I figured I'd see if anyone had some direct experience and input regarding them. The whole reason I'm looking into getting this carb is I've been running and Edelbrock 1406 ever since I got my truck (5 years ago) and have never been very satisfied with it, and that's with having it rebuilt a year and a half ago.

I have someone I trust who can get the Quadrajet tuned and dialed in for me, so I'm not worried about fighting that battle, but I just wanted to see if anyone had some reviews of JET stuff. I've heard enough horror stories of people dealing with Demon carbs to turn me off from those and I figured I'd try out the Quadrajet before going with a Holley. Thanks, y'all.
I bought this exact carb for my 355 and love it. It didn't need much tweaking right out of the box and the performance was amazing. The Qjet I had before was leaking out of the throttle shafts and was in need of a major rebuild so I sprung for the JET product. I got the electric choke model and have no regrets.